Skills Assessments for Teachers

 Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Requirements

Are you a teacher or perhaps aspire to have such a high demand occupation for migration to Australia? Sitting on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) are the following teaching occupations:

  • Early Childhood Teacher [241111]
  • Secondary Teacher [241411]
  • Special Needs Teacher [241511]
  • Special Education NEC Teacher [241599]
  • Teacher of the Hearing Impaired [241512]
  • Teacher of the Sight Impaired [241599]


Studying to be a teacher 

math-teacher-chalkboard.jpgHave you already completed your bachelors and don’t want to start again? Continue reading “Skills Assessments for Teachers”

Australia Needs Secondary School Teachers

Secondary School Teacher under the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

highschool_classroom.jpgEver felt like having a part in shaping young minds? Or has the corporate world wrung you dry and you’re looking for a career in something more contributory? Did you know that even if you are already a degree holder, you don’t need to have a background in education to embark on a postgraduate qualification in education? You can have a Bachelor in Architecture and move directly on to a Master of  Education*, which makes the move to education one that takes you forward, not backward. From an immigration perspective, the secondary school teacher occupation certainly has its benefits too. Continue reading “Australia Needs Secondary School Teachers”

The 457 Visa Application

Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)  

We’ve covered the first two applications involved in making a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subclass 457) application. In this article, we will be writing about the visa application.

  1. Standard Business Sponsorship application (Business)
  2. Nomination application (Position)
  3. Visa application (Applicant)

These three applications can be made in a single day, but are processed in the order presented above. Should the Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) application or nomination application run into trouble, your visa application cannot be successful. If you’ve gotten past the first two applications, in particular the very tricky nomination application, well done! We think you should be in the clear. Let’s not make any mistakes now. Continue reading “The 457 Visa Application”

IT Professionals with Overseas Qualifications

How do you go about gaining a skills assessment?

We’ve written about gaining a skills assessment as an IT professional with an Australian degree and those are pretty straightforward, but what about those with qualifications attained overseas? What about those of you who have plenty of experience in the field but did not complete your studies in subjects closely related to your profession? Continue reading “IT Professionals with Overseas Qualifications”

Claiming Skilled Employment Points On The Points Test

 What is skilled employment and how are you awarded points?

If you still have not read our article on SkillSelect invitation rounds, we really recommend that you do. A higher points score means that your Expression of Interest (EOI) will get picked up sooner. For certain pro-rated occupations, a 60 point score may mean that you may wait for a very long time for an invitation. For many applicants claiming work experience points is crucial to receiving an invitation to lodge their PR (189/190) or TR (489) applications. Continue reading “Claiming Skilled Employment Points On The Points Test”