There’s been a few changes recently so instead of making you dig back through articles, we thought we’d lay it out cleanly for you instead. Here are Tasmania’s nomination criteria broken down by visa Continue reading “Tasmanian Sponsorship for 190 & 489 Visas Revisited”
Just last week Tasmania announced changes to its nomination requirements. They introduced new pathways for overseas applicants, but tightened onshore rules for their state sponsorship.
Amongst those rules were to lengthen the minimum study requirement for international graduates from one year to two years who intend to be applying for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190). This was to come into effect on 1 January 2018. The state sponsored Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) study requirement remains at one year for international graduates Continue reading “Tasmania Amends Recent Reform to Stop the Exodus of International Students”
The Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489) is a state or relative sponsored visa that automatically awards 10 extra points to your points test score.
The basic requirements:
- Under the age of 50 years
- Meet 60 points on the points test (489 sponsorship gives 10 points)
- Competent level English
- Relative sponsored (eligible relative) or state sponsored (meet state nomination criteria)
- Nominate occupation on relevant occupation list
- Suitable skills assessment for nominated occupation
- Meet health and character requirements
Continue reading “Relative Option on the State Sponsored 489 Visa”